Purchasing/Materials Manager – Columbus, OH
The Purchasing & Materials Manager will have the overall responsibility for all purchasing activities, warehouse & inventory management, and inbound/outbound freight.
- Manage the inventory procurement process to ensure timely delivery of raw materials and optimize inventory levels while utilizing current ERP systems to forecast material requirements.
- Efficiently managing material flow through multiple warehouses.
- Monitor events in supply chain to forecast prices of key raw materials.
- Oversee Shipping & Receiving functions and logistics.
- Maintain relationships with freight providers and manage customer issues related to materials and containers used in shipping.
- Supports new business from Sales and R&D by quoting new raw materials and obtaining samples.
- Manage supply chain stakeholders to drive continuous improvement in raw material costs.
- Reducing raw material costs through direct purchasing from manufacturers. Develop multiple raw material sources for new products.
- Manage cycle count process to minimize inventory variance and ensure location integrity.
- Bachelor’s degree; Engineering or Scientific degree is a plus or equivalent experience.
- Purchasing experience in the Chemical industry.
- 7-15 years of continuing responsibility growth in Purchasing or Supply Chain management.
- Demonstrated leadership and effective management of direct reports.
- Microsoft Office, ERP systems, and SQL/Microsoft Access experience.