Global market leader in food manufacturing seeks a Senior Food Engineer / Senior R&D Food Scientist to lead the development of new products, oversee pilot plant operations and ensure the products maintain the integrity, consistency and quality expected.
The Global Food Technology team is seeking a Senior Scientist who is highly curious and passionate about food science, and who is motivated by the process of problem solving and experimentation. You’ll be joining a team that operates with a start-up/entrepreneurial mentality.
As a Senior Scientist, you will focus on how to bring a product vision into reality. Success in this role involves experimenting and prototyping to generate solutions, and selling these solutions into your business partners.
Compensation: $80k-$110k + 10% Bonus
Location: Council Bluffs, IA
Relocation: Lump sum
The successful individual:
- Designs, Develops and Commercializes new formulations and/or reformulations of existing products.
- Partners with QA, Operations, Marketing, Finance, Sales and Procurement to execute the development and commercialization of new formulations and/or reformulations, including cost savings initiatives.
- Plans factory trials.
- Seeks to continuously improve production and R&D processes through best practices.
Global market leader in food manufacturing seeks a Senior Food Engineer / Senior R&D Food Scientist to lead the development of new products, oversee pilot plant operations and ensure the products maintain the integrity, consistency, and quality expected.
- BS degree in Food Engineering or Food Science.
- 5+ yrs R&D food manufacturing experience. Dairy, a plus.
- Demonstrates technical expertise in food technology, food processing.
- Experience with the commercialization of products - from concept to completion.
- Leadership / management experience, a plus.
- Light travel up to 30% max.