Salt Lake City, Utah
Our client is a leading provider of Consumer Product Goods for everyday consumption and use and they are looking for an accounting controller to help oversee all the accounting functions of the company. Reporting directly to the CFO, this position is one of strong responsibility that will help lead the company into the future. the accounting controller is responsible for helping with the monthly and annual financial close, assisting in the production of accurate and timely financial reports – including the month-end consolidated financial statements, inventory management and reconciliation, general ledger accounting, and budgeting and forecasting. They also provide technical and theoretical strength. They are involved in the improvement of company financial processes as well as operational process improvements. A strong understanding of GAAP is essential, and a CPA designation is required. Advanced Excel skills are also required. They will supervise an accounting staff of 4.
Essential Job Responsibilities
· Assists with the monthly and annual closings in a complete and efficient manner. Helps produces accurate and timely financial reports and monitors the progress of the accounting team to insure that close deadlines are achieved.
· Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses.
· Maintains accounting controls.
· Collects and analyzes production data; identifies trends and helps develop corrective action.
· Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, assists with budget preparation and analyzing variances.
· Assists with audit completion; identifies trends; determines system improvements; initiates corrective actions.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills a must with some experience in team supervision.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field required. MBA or advanced degree preferred
· Thorough understanding of GAAP
· Prior experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
· Public accounting experience a plus.
· Strong Computer skills including proficiency in MS Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
· ERP Systems experience and proficiency. Experience with Deacom a plus.
· Collaborative and interpersonal skills a must
· Bias for action
· Tolerance for ambiguity/flexibility