EXTRUSION ENGINEER – PROFILE EXTRUSION
SUMMARY: My client is a manufacturer of extruded polymer products, and they seek an experienced Extrusion Engineer to be a “Cradle-to-Grave” engineer, managing projects from concept through introduction to the plant floor. You will design the products, design the tooling manage the tooling projects, run trials, establish operating procedures, and introduce onto the plant floor. We have 5 similar positions open across the country, and an Engineering Manager position, as well!
EXTRUSION ENGINEER PRIMARY DUTIES
- Building on your experience in extrusion processing, the primary responsibility of the Extrusion Engineer will be to manage new product development projects from concept through introduction to the plant floor.
- The Extrusion Engineer will design products and tooling and will manage the tooling projects through completion (including die tuning).
- The Extrusion Engineer will be a critical member of our cost reduction teams.
- The Extrusion Engineer will establish operating procedures for new or improved products.
- The Extrusion Engineer will establish testing criteria for Quality Assurance
EXTRUSION ENGINEER REQUIREMENTS
- The Extrusion Engineer should have a BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Polymer, Chemical, Plastics) or sufficient experience to be successful in this role.
- The Extrusion Engineer should have 5 years of hands-on experience in the development of polymer extruded products (custom profile, fence, decking, pipe, windows or similar products).
- The Extrusion Engineer should be proficient with CAD, & Solidworks.
- Need to have solid project management skills and proven experience working with tool shops.
- Experienced running material and die trials, and experience tuning dies.
Must be qualified to work in the US without sponsorship!