As our Principal Systems Engineer, you will play an essential role in the process of understanding our customer needs, translating them into requirements and formulating affordable solutions. Our Principal “Systems Engineer” also works closely with the customer and our program office as well as the engineering staff to create the solution with the best value for the customer consistent with our business goals.
Our unique systems are designed for microwave measurement of various test items such as antennas and radomes used in radar, communications (both wireless and satellite), satellite data transfers, and other applications. Microwave/RF, electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines are typical for these applications.
The successful candidate will be required to lead teams of multi-disciplined engineers in a coordinated effort to successfully deliver system products. Job duties include system analysis and specification, requirements flow down, customer technical coordination, creating acceptance test procedures, factory integration and testing and system commissioning at the customer site.
• Identify and select microwave equipment and components to meet customer and market requirements
• Identify, select and characterize RF components to meet system performance requirements
• Develop system-level cable diagrams and bills of material
• Analyze RF equipment configurations to verify system performance
• Develop test procedures to verify system performance
• Provide system checkout and RF performance testing
• Provide system validation and error determination and analysis
• Prepare RF system user documentation and manuals
• Perform system installation and training
Please apply IF you have industry experience with RF, Antenna or Electromagnetic equipment at the “Systems Engineering” Level, Currently reside in the USA, and are Eligible for a US Security Clearance.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employee
Our RF Systems engineer is ideal for an electrical engineer who has worked with RF Antennas or radar systems and worked as a "systems level" engineer. Work with our extremely high-tech equipment within the microwave, antenna and electromagnetic engineering industry. Based in Southern California where the weather is great, and the cultural / recreational activities are endless. You can expect great benefits and room for growth
• Experience with: RF “System Design”, Specification development and interpretation, microwave communications
• Strong background in Microwave Antenna design is preferred
• Experience in design and “systems engineering” processes
• Ability to take diverse specifications in RF/Microwave measurements along with a detailed understanding of mechanical design processes and deliver complex products
• Strong analytical skills to understand complex technical systems and problem solve
• Significant experience with proposals, customer interaction, and systems design and analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Work across functions to develop solutions for the customer
- 10 years of experience with RF systems, antennas or electromagnetic equipment coupled with a Bachelors degree in Engineering or Physics. An advanced degree is desirable.
- You Must have the ability to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance.
- This position may require approximately 25% domestic and international travel.
• Familiarity with MATLAB, GRASP, HFSS and other industry analytical tools
• Hands-on experience using a variety of Antenna Test & Measurement Ranges
• Knowledge of mechanical positioning systems