Bearings Sales Engineer Representative
Detroit, MI or South Bend, IN area
We are seeking a Sales Engineer Representative having a blend of Engineering and with strong Sales abilities to interact with customer base on a regular basis and seek out new business opportunities. Bearings industry experience and automotive industry applications experience is necessary. Experience within a CNC products and assemblies of bearings environment desired.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Pursue and secure new tier one business opportunities and communicate with customers and documents customer product and project needs. Responds promptly to inquiries and seeks out and calls upon potential and existing customers to identify needs.
- Document and keep accurate records on customer calls, meetings and events and work in conjunction with Sales Management on customer needs, problems, market situations, competitive activities and any potential for new business and services company can provide.
- Pursue all avenues of technical requirements for new product development and performs technical calculations/evaluations of customer application requirements.
- Provide engineering support for other sales team members making visits, engineering reviews, and other project supporting activities. Will oversee the management of new program launches
- Direct communications with all internal and external customers on timing, program needs, concerns, and requirements.
- APQP requirements leader; Will take a lead role for APQP meetings and must communicate customer requirements and be knowledgeable for all program aspects.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 4+ years experience in Automotive Sales and having strong technical skills and understanding related to automotive bearings production, processes, assembly and application.
- Experience in a Sales Rep / Sales Engineer / Testing Applications support type of position
- Experience within a CNC products and assemblies of bearings environment helpful.
- Strong experience with statistical analysis, mechanical and manufacturing engineering, equipment performance, value engineering, and project management
- Knowledge of APQP concepts and QS/TS16949 requirements
- Intelligent and has good communications skills to work well with customers and suppliers
- Willingness to travel as required to meet with customers and seek out new business opportunities.
Relocation assistance is available.
Please submit your resume for this Bearings Sales Engineer Representative position.