My client is expanding and seeks a Scientist to take on the following tasks:
- Search, evaluate and translate new novel therapeutic agents to select cancer drug target candidates.
- Collaborate with AI data scientists, technologists, and systems biology experts to prioritize novel pathways that may lead to potential drug target candidates.
- Perform literature mining, data curation, and due diligence research to explore, evaluate, and validate potential therapeutic interventions.
- Liaise with a world class team of PhD level industry experts to gain valuable experience in the fields of computational biology, cancer drug discovery and pre-clinical development.
- Direct projects to impact the discovery and development of new cancer therapies.
- Publish research in significant journals and present to scientific community.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- MS/PhD with training in cancer biology or pharmacology and relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge in cancer biology, cell biology, molecular biology, or similar to critically evaluate data insights for cancer target and drug development.
- Prior experience with wet-lab experimental work is preferred to critically evaluate published scientific literature. Knowledge of genomics and genomic techniques also preferred.
- Highly motivated to achieve company goals in quantity and quality of insights discovered and translated to potential cancer therapy targets.
- Strong communication skills needed to succinctly summarize and present scientific information in an efficient manner.
- Eager to take initiative to develop novel ideas and implement unique strategies to complete them.