Are you considering a career change? Looking for a smaller community of around 9K, that offers a low cost of living and plenty of activities in the area but is located between I-65 and I-10 and a little over an hour from the Gulf. The city is the economic center of the county and they are in the midst of a 1.8 million dollar downtown revitalization project. They have an excellent school system that consistently performs well above the state and national averages on standardized tests and other assessments.
There is a community college in the area. There is a public airport with a 6,000 feet runway, there is outstanding recreational facilities including softball complex, a fishing lake, and a golf course. If this sounds good then how about an opportunity to work with a modern 88-bed Joint Commission-accredited Acute Care Facility that has served the heart of South Alabama for several years. It offers a higher level of service than what is typically found in a community of this size. They are proud of their rich history of serving the community and vow to continue the tradition of healing and caring.
- The Director of Human Resources Directs and evaluates departmental operations, including patient care delivery, information technologies, service level determination, and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Plans and monitors staffing activities, including hiring, orienting, evaluating, disciplinary actions, and continuing education initiatives.
- Prepares, monitors, and evaluates departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding.
- Coordinates and directs internal/external audits.
- Creates and fosters an environment that encourages professional growth.
- Ensures department stays focused on their important role in the continuum of care.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans, and standards consistent with the clinical,administrative, legal, and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business, or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years previous experience as a Human Resources Manager in the hospital/healthcare setting required.
- Knowledge of relevant federal, state and local regulations related to Human Resources, i.e. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Affirmative Action, ADA, FMLA, etc..
Hospital is 88 beds and earned the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval. The CEO is a wonderful person to work with. The person needs to have stategic thinking skills and wear many hats as the Human Resources Director. Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. The range is between 70K-85K depending on experience and they offer full benefits and relocation.