A global financial services & technology leader has an exciting opportunity for an experienced, M&A Tax executive to support acquisitions and investments globally. This role will work closely with the Corporate Development, Legal, Treasury, Accounting and Tax teams and will proactively identify needs, risks, and opportunities to bring additional value.
The role is highly visible within the company and requires the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment as well as manage multiple completing priorities and deadlines across various jurisdictions.
- Oversee tax due diligence for US and foreign acquisitions and investments.
- Review stock purchase agreements, merger agreements, asset purchase agreements and other relevant agreements from a tax perspective
- Provide tax advice on structuring acquisitions, partnerships, and divestitures
- Collaborate with corporate stakeholders to develop and implement acquisition structuring and post-acquisition integration plans.
- Incorporate foreign tax structuring advice from other jurisdictions
- Identify need for and review required intercompany agreements
- Identify, develop and execute post acquisition opportunities, working with other tax specialists as required
- Draft/review documentation related to tax positions taken and required disclosures.
- Research and analyze the latest developments in US and International tax legislation as they apply to transactions structuring.
Excellent opportunity to leverage tax expertise and be a significant contributor to the company's growth
- 10+ years of M&A and/or transactional tax experience in public accounting, law firm and/or industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects, coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, and prioritize deliverables to meet timelines
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with a pragmatic approach to resolving issues and providing advice
- Excellent interpersonal/collaboration skills, in addition to excellent written, oral and presentation skills to clearly communicate complex tax issues to non-tax audiences
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- JD/LLM or CPA/MS Taxation preferred