PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR - 1st Shift
- Manage daily operations and employees in Production areas.
- Supervise and develop direct reports.
- Maintains staff by training employees and developing personal growth opportunities.
- Help establish budgets and manage spending to meet targets in all areas of responsibility.
- Communicate company and departmental goals and improvements by coordinating with other department Shift Supervisors and Plant Manager.
- Address employees concerns, issues and/or grievances and provide amicable solutions to all parties following company policies and procedures
- Ensure that production equipment is properly maintained and operations and systems are being run in accordance with documented procedures.
- Interface with internal and external engineering resources and planning.
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers for efficient production process.
- Maintain a safe work environment and appropriate housekeeping methods.
- Maintains product quality by monitoring and enforcing company standards and reports any quality issues.
- Perform regular inspection on all machinery and materials to maintain compliance with all regulations such as OSHA.
- Develop and/or maintain optimum use and compliance across all manufacturing processes.
- Approve Timesheets
- Mentor, train and motivate Team by encouraging and promoting employee morale
- Manage accident notification, reporting and investigation of any incident in the plant.
- Involved in employee hiring, disciplinary, termination, performance reviews, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or High School Diploma with applicable experience
- 4+ years of hands on Supervisory experience in a Manufacturing environment.
- Lean, Six Sigma and Continuous Improvement experience is a must. Certifications are a big PLUS!
- Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule, including 2nd shift operations from time to time.