You will be responsible participating in the development of Stop Loss strategy, planning and execution with the goal of positioning this client as a premier provider of excess medical insurance.
You will ensure profitable growth of the excess medical insurance businesses through the setting and execution of both sound underwriting best practices & analysis of global pricing.
This leader will collaborate with cross-functional teams (finance, legal, marketing, operations, actuarial) to achieve profitable growth for the client in this segment.
This position will report to the Chief Actuary.
- Creates a multiyear product strategy and business plan outlining key objectives, initiatives, relative priorities and financial forecast; monitor results relative to plan.
- Participates with Product
- Development in the ongoing assessment of the marketplace incorporating insights produced through industry networking, customer contact, win/loss reporting, regulatory environment and competitive intelligence.
- Develops and executes underwriting strategies and practices in support of business plan and financial forecast.
- Responsible for the overall underwriting, pricing, risk analysis, and block management for Stop Loss and related products.
Staff management and development
- Leads the team of Underwriters responsible for underwriting and securing profitable business.
- Attention to employee development and attainment of a high-performance culture.
- Partners with various business functions to ensure sound business decisions, excellent customer service, and operational coordination.
- Appropriately balances need for a competitive product offering with profitability requirements.
- Facilitates internal conversations and impact analysis on cost containment strategies, scaling the business profitably, and periodic form review.
- Represent Client Company Stop Loss in the external market, including but not limited to meetings with key producer partners, attendance at large scale industry events, Client-sponsored events, and social media;
- Promote the brand through customer relationship development and thought leadership.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 10+ years of medical stop loss underwriting experience required
- 10 + year of leadership experience required
- Strong interpersonal skills required
- Travel Required
- 10-15% annual travel