We are searching for an innovative Software Engineer for a small biotech company based in Marlborough MA that is developing biopharmaceuticals. This is a unique opportunity to work in a highly dynamic small team environment. You will have ownership of various high profile projects, with strong resources and support, but have the autonomy to tackle projects in unique and innovative ways.
The Software Engineer will be embedded in the business as a business problem solver using technology and data to solve problems. You will be working directly with the C-suite to identify business problems that could be solved with technology. The technical problems that could be anything from mobile app development, IOT or API and service development, developing a call center to manage patients for clinical trials, building predictive models to perform market analysis or integrating data sources and modeling pipelines with big data architecture.
This person will use data science and software engineering skills to create technology that addresses the goal of reducing the time and cost of drug development and commercialization. This role combines mathematical modeling, software development, and data science to innovate how patients are connected to the drugs and therapies they need
- You have client facing experience working directly with internal or external clients to identify and solve problems.
- Utilize languages such as Python, R, and SQL, compute frameworks like Spark, or whatever other tools it takes to get the job done.
- Ability to leverage DevOps and Data Architecture teams to deploy your code at scale.
- Ability to build data into everything - and analyze it to find efficiencies, make automatons, and predict outcomes. Develop data driven business strategy
- You thrive in the unknown. For you, questions like "How do we speed up clinical trials?" and "How do we identify medicines that work?" are chances to learn new coding languages, explore new fields, and synthesize disparate ideas.
- You have strong programming and statistical analysis skills, preferably with industry experience as a data scientist, software engineer, or technical consultant.
- You have a keen sense of stakeholder empathy and can design applications that are intuitively integrated into workflows
- You think backwards from optimal business results to choose languages, frameworks, and algorithms - not the other way around.
- You have the ability to explain your technology to C Level executives and to non-technical stakeholders
- Any experience with HL7 or REST or FHIR, mobile app development, API and service development, IOT is desired.