Plant Manager - Bread Bakery Food Manufacturing
similat job titles: Operations Manager, Plant Operations Manager, Production Manager
Location: La Porte, IN; about 35 miles south east of Chicago
Job Summary: Reports to the plant General Manager and Senior VP of Manufacturing. Responsible for all phases of plant management: production, engineering, sanitation, and shipping, in a medium-sized, 140 persons bread and roll bakery manufacturing plant. Manages all activities that are required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials on a scheduled shift and line(s).
Desired Leadership Traits:
- Charismatic; shows floor presence.
- Able to corral manager team onto the same plan of action.
- Knowledgeable enough to identify the best action plan.
- (5) Five or more years’ experience in management within a high-speed sliced bread or bun manufacturing environment.
- Sliced Bread or Buns experience required; experience working with ovens.
- Experience with large-scale bakery equipment.
- Understanding of function between ingredients, time, and temperature in the baking process.
- Proven success of building teams.
- Union management experience
Other Desired Traits:
- Continuous Improvement / Lean Manufacturing background.
- AIB training
- BRC / SQF knowledge
This job offers the following:
- Outstanding opportunities with a stable and established organization.
- Excellent benefits, including:
- Comprehensive healthcare
- Defined pension plan
- Highly adequate relocation assistance is provided if needed.
Are You A Good Fit?
Essential Skills for Success:
- Innovator and leader in change.
- Promote and utilize other’s talents.
- Actions are plan-based and result from strategy as opposed to reactionary.
- Goals achieved by teamwork instead of own personal efforts.
- Leadership style yields influence and trust. You’re not just “the boss”.
- Achieves results.
Consider This Before Applying:
- Does this job describe work you would enjoy doing?
- Do you meet most of the minimum requirements?
- Have you considered everything if you would need to relocate?