Love your job!
Our client is a green energy company and the industry leader that is committed to alternative solutions and sustainable development to protect the environment. The company currently has excellent opportunities for manufacturing growth and development and is seeking a future Operations/Plant Manager. Great Location near Reno, NV. Close to the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Lake Tahoe and High Desert country. Seeking a Plant (Process/Project) Engineer. Very competitive salary and benefits. Relocation assistance available.
- Evaluate technical and operable feasibility project components including industrial vessels, rotating equipment, control systems, tankage, piping, heat exchangers and related process infrastructure.
- Evaluate equipment and processes to identify ways to optimize performance or to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations.
- Ensure environmental, health, safety compliance throughout project development and future operations.
- Work with operations and maintenance groups to optimize production and mechanical integrity.
- Troubleshoot process and equipment problems involving rotating equipment, vacuum systems, fire heaters/exchangers, tankage, instrumentation, waste water treatment, etc.
- Work with management to develop capital improvement projects including budgeting, justification, management, and reporting.
- Develop and manage elements of the facilities Process Safety Management program including coordinating HAZOPs, mechanical integrity, management of change, etc.
- Monitor and track daily KPI's and make necessary changes to improve yields, cycle times, quality etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 3+ years related work experience required, 5+ years preferred, in the chemical, petrochemical or refining industry.
- Background in refinery related equipment a plus (distillation, hydrotreating, pumps, compressors, and other large rotating equipment.)
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills. Seeking someone that has a variety of experience in a plant versus someone too specialized in one area.
- Capital project experience, design through installation desired.
- Understanding of chemical, refining or related processes and associated engineering skills
- Experience in process optimization via continuous improvement methods or statistical process control in a manufacturing environment desired
- Must be comfortable working out in a manufacturing environment
- Future desire for an operations leadership role a plus.