Due to the growth of the business, our New York based client is seeking a top notch Software Developer to add to their team! Excellent salary, benefits, relocation package, and work environment are all part of the deal!
This team develops platforms and infrastructure for other developers-like libraries of code, migration tools to move software systems to the cloud, and similar. Candidates will have worked with frameworks and AWS or Google Cloud (GCP or GCE).
Our client is a different kind of investment manager. Since 2001, they have used data science and technology to derive insights that forecast the future and discover value in markets worldwide. Our team of scientists, technologists and academics looks beyond traditional finance to understand the bigger picture and develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most difficult economic problems. The work spans markets and industries, from insurance and securities to private investments and new ventures.
We are seeking Software Engineers for roles across all of our engineering groups. As a software engineer at client you can take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges.
- Tackle the complex and interesting challenge of discovering value hidden in the world’s data through software engineering.
- Build and maintain robust data pipelines that ingest over 30TB of data each day.
- Create infrastructure that is used by all of our software engineers.
- Build and maintain a suite of analysis tools that enable our quantitative researchers.
- Work on world-class trading systems.
- Build technologies that bolster our trading businesses and drive productivity enhancements, collaboration, and risk reduction across the company.
- At least a BS/BA in a technical or quantitative field.
- At least 3 years of full-time work experience.
- An understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with Java (or other JVM languages), Python, C or C++.
- Extraordinary programming skills.
- Demonstrated experience in large-scale systems.
- Core Benefits: Fully paid medical and dental insurance premiums for employees and dependents, competitive 401k match, employer-paid life & disability insurance.
- Perks: Onsite gyms with laundry service, wellness activities, casual dress, snacks, game rooms.
- Learning: Tuition reimbursement, conference and training sponsorship.
- Time Off: Generous vacation and unlimited sick days, competitive paid caregiver leaves.