Love your job!
Due to the growth of the business, our New York based client is seeking a top notch Manager of Transaction Services to add to their team.
Our client is a nationally ranked Top 25 Firm that empowers clients with innovative tools and solutions to address their advisory, tax and accounting needs. Their highly responsive team of professionals offers deep industry expertise and service experience to help businesses grow and thrive - to BE IN A POSITION OF STRENGTH. Our client also has a great corporate culture and fast track to Partners for hard working dedicated employees.
As a Manager in Transaction Support you will be a vital member of the team managing and executing financial diligence project work. You will:
- Manage and coordinate financial due diligence engagements.
- Coordinate with client management on diligence focus areas and provide real-time communications of issues and deal considerations.
- Conduct discussions regarding business performance and forecast assumptions with senior team management.
- Create and tailor analyses of target financial data to identify valuation and contractual matters for consideration in evaluating quality of earnings, normalized working capital, and items affecting future cash flows.
- Write reports that set out our findings and recommendations around the key financial and business issues in a transaction.
- Identify integration, separation and post-transaction transition issues.
- Engage in relevant marketing and business development activities.
- Develop and mentor other team members and contribute to the ongoing development of M&A best practices.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project management of financial due diligence engagements.
- Ability to analyze financial and operational results of businesses to be acquired or sold through reviewing accounting records and conducting interviews with management.
- Constantly researching industry trends and technologies, as well as seasonality and cyclicality on cash flow requirements to provide knowledge and insight to clients.
- High competencies with data interrogation techniques using excel and/or other software packages
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and 4-5 years of related (M&A) work experience; supported by an active CPA certification.
- Significant public accounting experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights.
- The ability to prioritize effectively on projects and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally.
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% on short notice.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A proven record of excellence in a mergers or acquisitions transactions role.
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization.
- Established networking skills in a relevant industry.
- Strong Excel Required