INDUSTRY: DESIGN / CONSULTING
AREA: KANSAS CITY
Our client, a leading product design, development and manufacturer with a strong global influence and reach has commissioned Sterling St. James, LLC to help them secure a top engineer to supplement their staff of engineers.
Their off shore production facilities are significant but the design and development of products is done in Kansas City. They have major strengths in software development, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering.
The Project Manager/ Mechanical Engineer has overall project responsibility and developing software to meet client’s expectations for company development products. This responsibility includes the Project Strategy, Scheduling, coordination of assigned resources. Marketing client services, customers and resources to ensure the objectives are met in a timely and on timley manner. Communication and coordination with all the groups is essential.
The project manager will be expected to handle more complex and multiple projects This person will lead other and provide technical leadership to the organization.
- Complies with System Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Management of group, solicit milestone commitments from development team members.
- Develops and manages the project.
- Communicates between functions, customers generally throughout the product development life cycle.
- Forecasts resources to align resources with project tasks.
- Manages the product development and product costs.
- Manage all project documentation.
- Publishes regular and timely project status updates.
- Communicates significant changes with project documentation. Customer-sensitive items are to be discussed with the AM prior to being communicated to the customer.
- Forecasts development hours
- Leads costing effort while supporting quoting activities of new business opportunities.
- Makes good use of time and is able to set priorities to meet goals.
- Mentors less experienced Project Managers, assisting them with technical problems; training them on correct project management methods; sharing knowledge and encouraging job and skill growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- No direct reports are assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a scientific discipline (i.e. Engineering); with three years of experience related work experience, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Knowledge of Engineering Product Development.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Time sensitive (quickly responsive)
- Able to work well with all levels of employees and customers.
- Professional in manner, tact and action.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
If you feel you are qualified and have an interest in pursuing this position send your resume in MS Word format as an attachment for immediate consideration.
This is a rapidly growing company with a strong 40-year history of doing what they do. Because of what they do and how they address the market you will be able to gain an incredible amount of industry experience in a variety of products and specialties without changing firms. Experience is what counts in today’s employment market. This is a great career opportunity!