Love your job!
Location An Eastern Suburb of Cleveland, OH
The Advanced Software Engineer will
- develop system architectures
- work on highly collaborative R&D teams to design and develop embedded software systems for medical devices used in hospitals and the medical industry world-wide
- utilize C++, Linux, Object Oriented Programming, and Real Time Operating Systems.
Employees enjoy a small company environment with the security and career development opportunities of a growing $2.8B global company.
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Medical Device Industry experience
- 8+ years experience in embedded Windows and/or Linux based software systems utilizing both structured and object-oriented concepts using C++.
- 6+ years of experience in multi-tasking and multi-threaded systems.
- expertise within a software development organization.
- Experience in development using various operating systems, including real-time operating systems (RTOS), such as ThreadX, RTXC, Linux, Windows (standard or embedded).
- Demonstrated knowledge of Knowledge of Internet of Things (IoT) and associated solutions is desired, e.g., remote monitoring solutions.
- Knowledge and experience with standard communication and network protocols.
- Experience with assessing cybersecurity risks and designing appropriate mitigations is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and experience of common software architecture patterns and appropriate application.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Experience in software design at both architectural level and lower level details.
- Experience in the implementation of infrastructure and applications for Manufacturability, Installability, and Serviceability is desired.
- Knowledge of software development standards such as the IEEE series, IEC-62304, etc.
- Experience working in the medical device industry or other regulated industry, which requires formal software development processes and software risk management is preferred.
- Travel up to 10% (including international)
Keywords: C++, Linux, Object Oriented Programming, Real Time Operating Systems, RTOS, Embedded Software Development, Firmware