This job opportunity is for a Registered Nurse for Maternal/Child
Sign On Bonus
Permanent Full Time Nights
The RN II, in addition to all RN I functions, duties and responsibilities, collaborates with other healthcare providers in overseeing an ongoing comprehensive plan of care for a complex patient or groups of patient. Anticipates consequences of altered physiologic homeostasis and utilizes advanced skills to initiate early interventions. Participates in identifying, planning and implementing changes to improve unit operations and patient care outcomes. Qualified to function in the role of preceptor. Assumes responsibility for continued professional development and shares knowledge with others. May apply for Clinical Ladder. See Clinical Ladder guidelines for levels.
1. Utilizes in-depth assessment skills to perform comprehensive patient assessments, taking into consideration the patients developmental stage(s).
2. Assesses predictable and potential needs of patient in complex situations.
3. Recognizes early signs of alteration in physiologic homeostasis and explains the significance of these changes. Makes independent nursing judgements recognizing need to change plan of care based on patient outcome.
4. Oversees ongoing comprehensive plan of care for groups of patients and evaluates changing problems/needs related to patient assessments in preparation for planning care.
5. Plans along with other healthcare providers the teaching needs to prepare for discharge
6. Initiates a formal or informal patient care conference.
7. Provides care for complex patients, correlates clinical data with diagnosis and symptoms in order to initiate appropriate therapy.
8. Performs advanced skills specific to unit or area.
9. Anticipates impeding crisis and initiates early intervention to prevent problems or complications.
10. Collaborates with other healthcare team members in the interest of the patients healthcare and coordination of the plan of care.
11. Evaluates the outcomes of care delivered to individual patients with complex needs (with respect to plans of care and their implementation) as well as efficient use of resources.
12. Formulates and evaluates standards of nursing care, policies and competencies.
13. Supports new ideas and participates in planning and implementing change.
14. Demonstrates the ability to approach peers to discuss and resolve identified clinical discrepancies.
15. Serves as resource person in identifying ethical problems, dilemmas and conflicts.
16. Precepts novice nurses or new nursing personnel and contributes to evaluation of unit-based preceptor programs.
Graduate of a nursing program: diploma, associate degree, or baccalaureate program. BSN preferred.
1-2 years of direct patient care as an RN, or after nurse residency or orientation program.
Valid and Current Vermont License - Registered Nurse
ABOUT THE AREA:
Newport is located in the northeast region of Vermont, on the Canadian Border. Beautiful Parks, must see sunsets and where the mountains touch the lakeshores. You can enjoy concerts on the waterfront, unique dining, shopping, biking, fishing, kayaking skiing, golfing and so much more. A unique thing you can do is ski, snowmobile, sail or motorboat to Canada.
Very low crime rate, a private school that is very highly rated, sparse suburban feel, population around 4,500, and residents tend to be liberal.
80 miles to Burlington, Vermont or Montreal, Canada