TITLE: Associate Welding Engineer
AREA: SOUTH KANSAS CITY
Our client, a company with roots dating back to 1930 and a history of producing quality manufactured products continues its growth and diversification. Where there is growth there is opportunity. They have asked Sterling St. James, LLC to help them identify and screen for qualified candidates to fill an Associate Welding Engineer position.
Under the direction of the Manager of Welding Technology, the Associate Welding Engineer will participate in providing all instructions and procedures necessary to complete weldments in accordance with applicable codes, standards, and customer requirements. The Associate Welding Engineer will work closely with the Project Engineer and the Project Manager during all phases of a project starting with the inquiry stage through successful completion in the field. Responsibilities include continued welding improvements to incorporate new processes and techniques.
• Provide technical welding support for Sales during the inquiry process.
• Review project specifications, project documents, and relevant codes and standards to determine
welding requirements and welding material requirements.
• Participate in Assigning qualified weld procedures to a project.
• Participate in development of new weld procedures monitoring the welding and testing of these new procedures.
• Participate in determining welding material requirements for each project with BOM for purchase.
• Participate in welding R&D efforts.
• Handle shop and field questions.
• Learn and remain current with all applicable codes and standards.
• Be involved in the development and revision of NDE procedures.
• Participate in welder training.
• Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy, Welding Engineering, or a related technical field required.
• Some welding engineering experience a plus
• Good judgment and decision-making abilities.
• Effective troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
• Good interpersonal communication skills.
• Strong time management skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Good proficiency with computers.
• Good understanding of welding processes strongly preferred.
• Welding equipment knowledge including GTAW-manual and semi- automatic, SMAW,
and GMAW/FCAW (semi-auto and machine) preferred.
If you feel you are qualified and are ready to move, send your resume in MS Word format as an
attachment for immediate consideration.
This is a solid position with an opportunity to be closely involved in the manufacture of Heavy
Equipment & System and will impact the success of the company. The company appreciates your
effort and results.
If you think you are “the” candidate for this position send your resume for consideration.