ELECTROPLATING PROCESS ENGINEER / SUPERVISOR
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
Electroplating Process Engineer / Supervisor is responsible for sustaining existing processes and developing new processes in Plating and supervising hourly personnel.
- Daily sustaining of the Plating area to ensure all factory indicators are met, continuous improvement of the processes and procedures, and developing new processes for new products, product transfers, and new process capabilities for operations.
- Sustaining and continuous improvement include, but are not limited to: quality, reliability, cost, yield, process stability/capability, productivity, and safety.
- The position will supervise hourly personnel including training, directing, scheduling and ensuring adequate personnel available to operate plating and waste treatment facilities
BS or MS degree in Engineering or Chemistry
- 3-5 years’ experience with plating processes and related equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge zinc and Nickel plating.
- Strong understanding of data mining and statistics, SPC, DOE, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, and structured problem solving.
- Must have a proven track record of solving technical problems, project ownership, meeting deadlines, and multitasking.
- Must display a strong sense of ownership, drive and dedication to continuous improvement.
- Must display an enthusiastic boldness for taking on aggressive goals and a commitment to achieving them.
- Must possess the ability to work collaboratively with cross functional teams to improve processes.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including technical writing for summarizing data and findings, writing process and equipment specifications and work instructions.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills.