Why work here?:
- Lots of room for growth at this location as well as 300 others worldwide
- Work for a top 10 global automotive parts provider
- Excellent benefits, health, dental, vision insurance, 401k matching
- Bonus program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Relocation assistance
- Option to rent a vehicle or receive mileage reimbursement
- company credit card provided for travel expenses
- Set and validate parameters on Robot Welding equipment for Gas Metal Arc Welding (GMAW) applications
- Supervise the programming, maintenance, and enhancement of welding paths on Fanuc and Yaskawa robots and positioners.
- Setup tools in equipment HMI and insure proper function.
- Adjust tooling as needed to meet dimensional requirements.
- Support machine/tooling runoff and machine/tooling acceptance.
- Lead/Supervise and or participate in training activities as needed.
- Troubleshoot production welding equipment and tooling
- Direct and support activities to ensure plant welding meets all customer and company welding standards and requirements.
- Support activities to reduce welding and process scrap in the plant.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 2 year technical degree in Welding or 5 years of on the job robot programming and welding experience
- GMAW welding experience and must be able to pass the weld training program for both GMAW and GTAW
- Training in Fanuc and Yaskawa robot programming a plus
- Ability to program new tooling paths for Fanuc and Motoman/Yaskawa robots and positioners including coordinated motion programming for multiple axis/robots
- Tool Setup and adjustment experience
- Willingness to learn and work in a team environment
- Reading prints (1st angle projection) and using 3D models to understand how tooling needs to be assembled
- 80% - 100% to other Midwest plant locations, approximately 10 within a 4 hour driving radius.
- Most travel will be driving, expenses will be covered by company, company credit card provided for expenses