This opportunity is the perfect move for the Junior PM or PE ready to take on more complex projects, larger scale developments and increase their experience base as a Project Manager within the Southeastern Multifamily Construction Industry.
If you have 1-2 multifamily residential projects under your belt, have been involved since the beginning stages of planning and construction and have been instrumental in executing the C/O of the project - WE would like to talk to you.
Here's why you should consider our company as your next career move:
Our operating philosophy is based upon honesty, performance, and top management's involvement with each job.
Our personal attention and partnership attitude has enabled us to create a strong base of long-term, repeat clients that we hold to the highest level of partnership. To meet the fast pace of multi-family projects, we employ only trained, specialized superintendents and project managers with deep experience in housing. Each member of our team contributes their invaluable talents and skill, resulting in the on-going success of our enterprise.
Our philosophy is simple: To Gain the confidence of our clients with honesty and performance and with a partnership attitude. This allows us to grow our business by repeat customers and referrals.
We believe that we can better serve our clients and our niche of the construction industry by specializing in one segment of the entire market. By limiting our efforts to mainly multifamily housing, we have been successful in building and training a staff of professionals as well as a large array of specialized subcontractors and suppliers.
With this team of professionals partnering with our company for almost 50 years, we are in a unique position to assist our clients in all aspects of the housing industry. In result to our many decades of experience in mid-rise, HUD, nursing, assisted living, retirement, affordable and student housing projects, we can offer our clients valuable assistance beginning with design development and continuing through construction.
Participate and Direct all facets of pre-con and construction efforts to ensure project is constructed safely in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Work with site staff, owners and upper management to smoothly complete project from "Trees-to-Keys" during allocated schedule. Other responsibilities and involvement listed below:
- Setup of a project schedule and creation of activities and logic, with no/little assistance on durations and schedule flow.
- Develop site logistics plans in conjunction with lead superintendent
- Set up cash flow and manpower projection analysis at varying stages of the project
- Prepare constructability reviews to determine completeness of documents
- Review estimates prepared by preconstruction group for potential scope holes
- Initiate set up of jobsite, including mobilization of trailer and setup of jobsite staff
- Establish and oversee the safety plan at the jobsite; set safety culture at jobsite
- Ensure construction process is completed in a timely manner
- Assist with management of labor relations with field personnel/subcontractors
- Implement emergency crisis procedures and ensure staff is appropriately trained
- Manage owner equipment coordination process
- Facilitate Mechanical/Electrical overhead coordination or BIM process
- Create and manage general conditions budget. Monitor and update projections on a monthly basis
- Establish non-reimbursables based on interpretation of contract; work to minimize their usage
- Set up trade budget structure and log into system/budgeting-program
- Review budget entries of others and evaluate reports for accuracy
- Regularly monitor project costs and effectiveness of change management process
- Oversee creation of cost items in prolog and issuance to contractors
- Assist with processing changes to owner agreement
- Support jobsite cash management, including monitoring of job profitability and timeliness of payment
- Facilitate meetings with project team
- Supervise and mentor project jobsite staff
- Ensure RFIs and submittals are being appropriately processed by the engineering staff
- Ensure office procedures are implemented, including filing system, correspondence formats, start-up documents, closeout documents, and archiving
- Manage ultimate agency acceptance of project, including serving as interface to code officials
- Involvement in seeking repeat and new business sales
- Assist with response to RFPs and preparation of presentation for new projects
- Manage jobsite relations and communicate needs with Architect/Engineer
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management or related discipline
- 8+ years experience in Project Mangement for a General Contractor / Construction Management firm
- Local owner and subcontractor relationships in the greater Southeast/Eastern-US market