The Sr. Engineer will provide process engineering support for successful operation of assigned higher complexity refinery process unit(s). The Sr. Engineer will work to develop projects as well as execute projects and complex technical assignments to ensure safety, reliability and integrity of unit operations.
• Take multi-disciplinary approach to technically complex projects that involve a high degree of interaction between departments, using own experience and outside sources.
• Regularly interact with outside 3rd party business critical companies such as catalyst vendors, utility suppliers, equipment and process design specialists, etc.
• Understand and work within project scope, logic and economic aspects.
• Assist in developing engineering standards.
• Interact with assigned business teams to optimize performance of business unit and refinery.
• Apply high level of knowledge and experience to very complex problems using relevant information sources, including other departments.
• Research projects and make evaluations and decisions as needed.
• Apply economic evaluations such as cost savings, profit improvements and operational improvements that are implemented within the refinery or business unit.
• Maintain conversion unit yield profile analysis and provide related updates to the Economics & Planning Department for LP Model Maintenance and development.
• Day-to-day troubleshooting and monitoring of refinery process units.
• Issue regularly scheduled reports.
• Support incident investigations and act as Lead Investigator for incidents as requested.
• Develop solutions for complex projects to meet objectives.
• Contribute to long range departmental planning and budgeting for major refinery expense categories.
• Serve as project manager on mid-range projects, directing others on the project team.
• Schedule, plan and control costs of projects within budget and schedule constraints.
• Communicate project progress and results in a concise and understandable manner.
• Support Process Safety Management Programs. Support junior engineers in Process Safety Evaluations as needed.
• Fill in as Lead Unit Process Engineer as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering.
• 4-12 years relevant job experience.
MUST BE A US CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER