- Directs endoscopy department operations on a continuous basis and advises management on operational and functional improvement opportunities.
- Ensures that budget monitoring processes are in place and that appropriate action plans areas established to address variances outside of established parameters.
- Identifies and implements ways to reduce and control expenses, as well as enhance revenues.
- Provides recommendation and documentation to manager concerning the hiring, termination and promotion of staff members as well as identifying and counseling personnel in job related issues.
- Ensures staff and physician awareness of cost impact on organization
- Focuses staff on continuously building customer satisfaction for patients, physicians, colleagues, the community and other departments served
- Engages staff in continually raising the bar in service excellence
- Communicates effectively as hospital/system advocate to members of the community, continually seeks ways to promote department/organization to the public.
- Assures that implementation of standards of professional practice occurs, reviewing and revising according to policy or as necessary to reflect changes in practice and to ensure safe, effective and efficient patient care.
- Ensures compliance with local, state, federal rules and regulations and JCAHO standards.
- Evaluates core processes for redesign opportunities to improve operations, reduce cost, reduce cycle time, enhance and improve performance.
- Assumes shared responsibility in annual performance appraisals of unit personnel.
- Provides recognition and progressive disciplinary action under the guidance of manager.
- Oversees departmental nursing audits and high level disinfection compliance.
Full-time Assistant Nurse Manager for the Endoscopy Suite, working from 8 AM to 4 PM.
- RN- BSN preferred
- Valid New Jersey Nursing License required
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required
- 3-5 years endo nursing experience preferred.
- 5 years of demonstrated Nursing Leadership in hospital or ambulatory setting.
Equal employment opportunity employer and federal contractor or subcontractor and therefore abides by applicable laws to protect applicants and employees from discrimination in hiring, promotion, discharge, pay, fringe benefits, job training, classification, referral, and other aspects of employment, on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetics, or veteran status.