The Maintenance/Reliability Manager provides leadership for the maintenance and facilities team members. The role is responsible for ensuring that all plant assets including equipment, buildings, structures and systems are maintained efficiently, within budget targets and allow the plant to run without unintended interruptions. This role directs actions focused on managing both the short term and long-term needs of the business and ensuring that all team members operate in a safe and efficient manner. The Maintenance/Reliability Manager is expected to take a co-leadership role in safety and continuous improvements as well as developing a competent, effective staff that can effectively fulfill the roles that have been defined.
- Coordinate the inspection and corrective maintenance of all plant mechanical, electrical,
manufacturing and facility equipment and buildings.
- Build a systematic preventative/predictive maintenance process that captures all equipment,
both production and facility assets, and ensures their ongoing safe operation that minimizes
- Ensure all department personnel adhere to all applicable department and plant safety policies
- Confer with management, engineering, and quality control personnel to resolve maintenance
problems and recommend measures to improve operations and conditions of machines and
- Monitor the department employees and ensure competence by initiating training, coaching,
counseling or discipline to respond to items identified in the employee's performance.
- Maintain efficient, accurate and timely records and reports relating to all projects and equipment within the manufacturing facility.
- Ensure all production equipment has operational specifications and calibration requirements,
and define daily processes to ensure equipment is producing products within the specification
capability of the machine.
- Direct maintenance activities on utility systems to provide heat, cooling, steam, electric power,
gas, or air required for operations.
- Oversee maintenance and manufacturing budgets to include labor cost.
- Bachelor's Degree - Preferred.
- PLC Programing experience.
- Five to Seven years in a maintenance leadership role within a manufacturing environment.
- Strong Project Management, strong technical knowledge in maintenance trades, equipment design and function.