Construction Manager – T&D Projects
Location: New Haven CT, Augusta ME, Binghamton NY
Seeking experienced Construction Managers to manage electric utility Substation / Transmission Line projects.
Must have substantial experience with high voltage substation and/or transmission line projects to help our client walk through a complicated set of rebuild alternatives for several transmission lines. You will provide leadership in the performance of all activities related to the execution of construction work including contract administration, quality control, planning and cost control, materials management, office management, labor relations, security, and safety and accident prevention.
This position will require frequent meetings with client so must be experienced in client-facing meetings as well as internal discussions with appropriate management and stakeholders.
- Ensure the constructed product meets approved design engineering specifications and drawings in accordance with the Project Plan.
- Uphold contractual and regulatory responsibilities as prime contractor or sub-contractor on the worksite.
- Technical Diploma or Engineering Degree in Electrical discipline.
- Minimum 10 - 15 years’ experience in high voltage Substation and/or Transmission Line Construction - adept with handling permitting and approvals for pre-construction
- Strong leadership qualities with a demonstrated track record of dealing successfully with internal and external customers.
- Power Lineman journeyman status or PSE (Power System Electrician) journeyman status is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented individual with the ability to interpret and effectively manage multiple and competing priorities and timelines.
- Understanding fundamentals of contracts and experience in managing contractors under the terms of a contract.
- Travel as required to job sites within the general vicinity
Our client is a global engineering leader undergoing expansion of their Power Delivery team to serve a large multi-year T&D program throughout the northeast.
Must be authorized to work in US. No Visa sponsorship at the present time.
Salary: Full-time salary plus per diem, comprehensive benefits, and relocation assistance