Overview of the Plant Manager position
Responsible for managing all production activities and directing teams to effectively achieve production goals.
- Direct teams (i.e. individual department managers, supervisors, etc.) in effectively managing each respective department.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state, federal and/or company policy and procedures.
- Manage and lead teams in all direct and indirect production processes required to product and deliver a variety of finished, bottled water products to consumers and customers.
- Provide coaching and direction to ensure success in meeting required outputs and schedules.
- Communicate effectively production targets and priorities to manufacturing and support teams.
- Develop annual operating plan and capital requirements. Act as project manager of all capital projects.
- Develop and implement appropriate cost saving ideas for production operations. Generate and implement ideas for continual process improvement.
- Maintain production and inventory records. Provide weekly/monthly reports as required.
- Monitor and maintain all applicable production permits and ensure that the facility complies with all local, state, federal and company policies.
Manage employee selection, training, performance evaluation, documentation, salary and termination processes. Maintain a positive, proactive labor environment.
- BA/ BS Degree in Industrial management or five (5) years equivalent experience.
- Food and Beverage industry preferred.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills -- written, verbal, and presentation skills required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong knowledge of financial analysis and P&L; ability to apply financial theory and practices.
- Understanding of basic microbiology and quality assurance including HACCP and GMP's.
- Understands and enforces adherence to OSHA and Company safety guidelines.
- Knowledge of environmental health and sanitation.
My client is a national direct-to-consumer provider of bottled water, office coffee and water filtration services. They offer a comprehensive portfolio of beverage products, equipment and supplies to approximately 1.5 million customers through its network of over 210 sales and distribution facilities and daily operation of over 2,100 routes. With one of the broadest distribution networks in the country, Our client can provide service to approximately 90 percent of U.S. households and efficiently services homes and national, regional and local offices. They are dedicated to achieving their mission of becoming America's favorite water, coffee and tea service provider where consumers live, work and play.