Under the direction of the CNC Supervisor, the CNC Operator is responsible for performing
machine setups and edits, first article inspections, tool changes and offsets, documentation, and
machine adjustments as it relates to the CNC Operation. In addition, this position is responsible
for checking machines to ensure they are running in an effective and efficient manner. Other
related duties as assigned.
- Properly inspects parts and machines on a regular basis, keeping the Supervisor informed in
regards to rejected parts, scrap, problems with machines, etc.
- Responsible for keeping Supervisor informed in a timely manner of all issues that affect or
may affect production, employee relations, or the company.
- Performs setups and edits on CNC machines to follow specifications of designated prints.
This includes mounting fixtures, components and castings and making necessary
adjustments, ensuring that operations are performed exactly to print specifications. Reviews
finished product from the machining process to ensure quality and accuracy in the product
and ensures machine is shut down if product does not meet print specifications, until the
problem is solved.
- Loads and unloads parts to and from fixtures, ensuring correct parts are loaded onto
appropriate fixture for the job.
- Responsible for keeping machine area in a clean and tidy manner by regularly cleaning in, on,
and around the machines to prevent chip build-up and/or coolant spills.
- Responsible for ensuring that machining process is constantly monitored to ensure quality.
- Ensures machines are properly maintained as per the designated schedule. Documents
problem areas or machine breakdowns and report to management immediately.
- Responsible for consistently following safety procedures and advising supervisor or manager
of any safety related issues. Must wear PPE (personal protective equipment) designated for
that particular job at all times.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Prefer High School Grad with a minimum of 4 years experience in a CNC manufacturing
environment, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Advanced math skills a
plus. Mechanically inclined.
Solid working knowledge of hand tools and machining processes is essential.
Must have previous training and experience in performing setups, edits, inspections and have the ability to perform in a competent manner.
Must be experienced with machine shop inspection tools (i.e calipers, micrometers, etc).
Knowledge of CAD/CAM software (Creo, Pro-M) or the ability to learn.
Some computer experience essential.
Must possess a reasonable degree of hand-eye coordination and dexterity in order to effectively
utilize tools required for the job.
Physical ability to lift up to 60 lb. Physical ability to work extended hours in a standing position.
May be required to become forklift operator certified.
Sense of urgency, accuracy and attention to detail is essential. Individual must be self motivated
with the initiative to follow through on matters.
Effective communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to work well with management and staff. Solid judgment with
demonstrated ability to remain calm and work well under pressure. Patience, flexibility and a
sense of humor are a must. Strong leadership ability in support of a team environment.