Our client, a mid-size manufacturing company in the metals industry is in need of a Quality Manager.The Quality Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and managing the Quality Management System. Establish quality standards and metrics for new processes with Engineering and Operations, defining methods & standards to improve product quality and productivity.
- Overseeing the Quality inspection of processes and products.
- Assuring and certifying product compliance.
- Root cause analysis, PPAPs, and ensure first article production is at or above standards.
- Perform quality testing. Review and improve calibration.
- Represent the company for quality and certification audits.
- Process engineering change requests.
- Maintaining quality system conformance, quality data collection & reporting. Maintains compliance with all documented Quality Policies and Objectives; assists in obtaining and maintaining required Quality certifications. ISO9001
- Assists in resolving quality problems by driving efforts of quality, engineering, and operations personnel to identify root causes of problems and appropriate corrective and preventive action.
- Establish and maintain effective inspection and tests to ensure product quality/reliability.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or other discipline
- Metals fabrication background.
- 8+ Years of Quality Management experience
- Supply Chain Experience
- Internal Audit experience
- Experience with maintaining ISO 9001
- Experience with AQPQ and PPAP