Plant Project Engineer
Des Moines, IA
Our food manufacturing client is searching for a Plant Project Engineer in the Des Moines, IA facility. This Engineer will institute and implement mid-to-large-size capital projects that improve plant operations.
- Regulate project specifications by studying product design, customer requirements and performance standards; complete technical studies and prepare cost estimates.
- Coordinate multiple projects with management, plant personnel, engineering, suppliers and consultants; provide on-site supervision of contractors as required.
- Review and recommend changes to plant layout to optimize flow for new and replaced equipment.
- Work together with site leadership and operational excellence teams to complete detailed analyses of plant performance and improve utilization of equipment, personnel and utilities.
- Evaluate vendor and equipment alternatives for new or replacement machines.
- Analyzes and recommends warehouse and material handling methods and building construction materials and applications.
- S. Degree in Engineering or technical field. Preferably in Industrial, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- 3+ years of experience in processing and/or packaging manufacturing.
- Medium to large capital project experience.
- CPG, nutritional or food processing experience is perferred.
Plant Engineer, Project Manager, Project Engineer, CPG, nutritional, food manufacturing, production, equipment, engineering, industrial manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, mechanical manufacturing