Responsible and accountable for administration of the company approved new hire orientation program, establishing working relationships with management and associates to foster an environment of cooperative progress. Specific responsibilities include:
- Effectively participates in the resolution of conflict in the workplace, coaches and counsels supervision on methods to improve absenteeism, turnover and plant efficiencies. Identifies, designs, trains, implements and audits new methods to reduce turnover.
- Ensures consistent policy application in the resolution of issues addressed. Provides training to supervisory personnel on policies and procedures. Provides coaching and counseling to supervisory personnel to improve the supervisors’ ability to effectively direct their workforce.
- Ensures newly hired associates receive an effective, timely, informative new hire orientation utilizing the company approved format and materials. Schedules, conducts, facilitates, audits and identifies new methods to improve new hire orientation.
- Participates in Peer Review and Management Review process.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Labor Relations or related field plus 3 - 5 years of experience. Specific requirements include:
- Proven success in writing, updating and auditing Affirmative Action Plans, thorough knowledge of I-9 requirements, experience in ADA, EEOC, DOL, OFCCP regulations and current law.
- Previous experience in working in a manufacturing environment; proven experience in problem-solving automated timekeeping systems and orientation of new associates.
- Must be able to multi-task and organize multiple projects. Requires strong analytical skills, analyze and resolve problems at both a strategic and functional level
- Requires knowledge of a commitment to team performance, effective coaching and demonstrated skills as a strong team player.
- Requires travel to other facilities and plants for meetings and/or company business.