This new, full time, permanent Machinist Toolmaker on Second Shift career opportunity is due to solid company growth at a very community-oriented company. The environment is employee and family friendly. Employees are treated well and not micro-managed. Employee turnover is very minimal and the average employee tenure is over 20 years. The dress is casual. They are one of the largest manufacturers in their industry and are a preferred supplier to some of the world's largest and most successful companies.
The company provides great career growth to employees. If a Machinist is hired, they would be on a career path to become a Toolmaker. Other growth opportunities could be available. The successful candidate's duties and responsibilities will encompass:
- All machining on second shift using CNC and manual machines
- Taking part in tool setups, changeovers, and troubleshooting
- Performing preventive maintenance for stamping dies and automated machines
- Maintaining stamping tools by sharpening, repairing, and/or cleaning
- Learning press operation
- Using CNC and other machines to manufacture parts
- Learning Solidworks 3D to see, engineer, and make tool components
- Learning FeatureCAM software to program CNC machine tools
Candidates will have a minimum background consisting of two years of experience as a Machinist. Any experience with CAD, CAM or metal stamping is preferred but not required.