Multiple Positions Available
Full Time Position + Full Benefits + $2500 Signing Bonus
The technician position entails performing tasks throughout the plant for regular and predictive maintenance, troubleshooting, analysis and repair of assets and related components pertaining to salt production, packaging and transfer as well as general plant functioning. Maintenance of equipment utilizing various predictive and preventative tools is also required, as well as general cleanup of the maintenance area.
- Preventative maintenance of equipment throughout the plant.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance of equipment and systems in all areas of the plant and related structures. Systems checks include raw product, finished product, air, water, electrical, fire prevention, and steam.
- Repair plant equipment on site or in maintenance department depending on equipment type and size.
- Operate various tools including all hand tools, welders, pneumatic and electric tools during predictive, preventative and failure maintenance work.
- Operate computer and CMMS to check work orders/schedule, place notifications and review parts inventory.
- Move and safely manipulate heavy equipment and or components by physical or mechanical means.
- Perform general housekeeping cleanup of the maintenance shop and area.
- Must be able to read/write English.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to work overtime.
- Ability to work holidays, nights, weekends or different shifts.
- Must be able to perform physical job duties including bending/stooping, climbing ladders, open/close valves, shoveling, pounding with hammer and work in confined spaces.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Basic computer skills.
- Prior experience in production related work.
- Able to operate heavy equipment.
- Able to work under special work conditions, such as extreme heat or cold.
- Able to work in elevated areas.
- Able to perform maintenance trades including electrical, machinist, rigging systems, welding, pipe fitting, and fabrication, pumps and piping systems, gearbox and bearing maintenance, lubrication, mechanical maintenance, and hydraulic and pneumatic.
- Experience with SAP and/or a HMI
- Experience operating and troubleshooting industrial equipment (ex., packaging machinery, etc.)
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
SKILLS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1 + years Industrial Maintenance experience
Candidate who has 1 or 2 years of industrial maintenance experience, ale to pass an electrical and mechanical assessment.