Assistant Vice President for Development
We are partnered with an outstanding Non-Profit in Syracuse, New York. This organization is adding an Assistant Vice President for Development role as a new layer to their team.
This position will report to the Vice President for Development and is part of the senior management team.
This newly created position is an exciting and challenging opportunity for a highly motivated, energetic fundraising professional who is eager to help drive the fundraising mission for this very well respected organization!
Assistant Vice President overview:
- Work independently to gain major gifts while also managing 8-member fundraising team
- Implement long- and short-term strategies to secure gifts from individuals and organizations through major, planned and annual gifts.
- Establishes measurable goals to increase fundraising results that are both aspirational and achievable; monitors and reports on these goals.
- Sets direction and gives guidance to stewardship program to recognize donors in effective and meaningful ways.
- Mentors, recruits, trains, supervises and evaluates staff. Directly supervises 8 front line development officers and their respective staffs.
- Provide metric based reports to the VP on fundraising programs, including benchmarking.
- Part of the senior management team actively working on succession planning.
- In consultation with the VP and staff, establishes and adheres to annual programmatic fund-raising budgets and ensures that development programs are operating in a fiscally prudent and productive manner.
- Keeps abreast of current best practices in the Development profession and evaluates new and emerging ideas for potential implementation.
- Helps develop and administer policies related to fundraising, named giving and gift stewardship.
- Bachelors degree. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum of 10+ years working in a professional fundraising capacity, including program planning, professional staff management, and personal solicitation with a history of success, goal-achievement and increased responsibilities.
- Proven success in cultivating, soliciting and closing major gifts of 50K+ and annually raised 500K+ individually
- Managing a team of 6+ fundraisers in a large non-profit
- Experience tracking of various metrics
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and successfully in a fast-paced environment with professionalism and a sense of humor.