Love your job!
Due to the growth of the business, our Blytheville based client is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Safety Director. Responsibilities include leading the division on all aspects of safety & health and being an integral part of the corporate-wide safety team. This is currently a supervisory role and will have direct reports.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:.
- Leadership role in promoting company’s mission ensuring that Safety is instilled as a value with a strong focus on Quality and Environmental Stewardship
- Leadership role in managing the Safety and Health Department including execution of long term vision
- Leadership role in continual improvement of our facility
- Responsible for leading growth and development of safety and health teammates
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within organization; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3 Years of experience as a safety professional in an Industrial setting or equivalent Steel Industry Experience
- Steel Industry Experience
- Post high school degree(s)
- Supervisory/Leadership Experience.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations, industrial hygiene and testing
- Experience with OSHA’s Voluntary Protection Program