Global food manufacturer seeks a Senior Manager for specialty snack food line. This is a newly created position that is open due to growth and expansion.
The Senior Manager is a key member of the R&D team and manages and leads the Commercialization of food products - from concept development to commercialization.
The successful candidate is the key liaison in partnership with other stakeholder departments as they develop, manage and evolve R&D for the product line. These departments include: Marketing, Product & Process development, Packaging Development, Quality Assurance/Snacks Supply Chain (Op’s Engineering, Manufacturing Plants), Regulatory and Legal.
Provides leadership, guidance, and career development to staff. Anticipates short and long term employee requirements and leads efforts to meet their needs.
- Leads assessment and capability studies, product startups / commercialization. Identifies any potential issues or improvements to the process or formulations.
- Fosters an innovation culture in product lines by continually introducing new ideas and product concepts for new products, quality improvements, and productivity.
The Senior Manager manages business development opportunities, to create strategically-aligned opportunities to drive specialty food line growth and profitability.
Develops and manages the food production budget.
Reports directly to the Senior Director.
Gobal Food Manufacturer
- Bachelor's, Master's or PhD degree in Food, Food Science or Chemical Engineering (or similar).
- 4 + years managerial, mentoring and development skills supervising scientific teams or individuals, with the ability to lead and interact with cross-functional teams.
- 8 + years depth of knowledge and insight in food science. Thorough understanding of Snack food industry - the competitive environment and emerging trends.
- Product development experience in Corn products highly desirable (popcorn, corn chips, corn tortillas, etc).
- Demonstrated experience in hands-on product development with laboratory and/or pilot plant equipment/processes related to salty or savory products.Experiences desired includes New Products, Consumer Testing, QA, Productivity, Commercialization and Staff Management.
- Ability to travel approx. 25% to HQ, plants and co-manufacturers.