Product Design Engineer with Motor Controls experience needed to introduce innovation by researching and applying creative applications in the high-volume electrified automotive field. They will facilitate solutions for motor control engineering problems and introduce change in products. A successful Product Design Engineer has a strong technical background, is flexible, curious, a problem solver and has solid communication skills.
Why work here?:
- Stable privately-owned growing global company with over 65 years in business!
- Work on developing new products and act as the subject matter expert!
- Fast-paced cutting-edge technology!
- Competitive compensation and full benefits!
- Much room for growth!
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience including demonstrated ability to create, develop and implement new motor control software and hardware.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferred emphasis in Computer or Electrical, or related Engineering discipline.
- Experience with implementation and debugging of embedded code (C/C++).
- Previous exposure to motor product design, verification testing, supplier development and customer support.
- Knowledge of sensorless brushless motor control systems and their applications
- Automotive Embedded Software Development
- Expertise in Motor Driver Hardware and Components.
- Sensors and Controls Knowledge
- Knowledge of CAN / LIN Communication a plus
- Nice to have: PCB layout experience for running motors
- Strong oral, written and listening communication skills.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of responsibility.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Authorized to work in the United States