* COMPENSATION is $30.00 per hour to $32.00 per hour based on experience.
* CMT / Certified Medical Technologist JOB TYPE is Contingent to Permanent/Retained Employee, Full-time.
* WORK SCHEDULE for the CMT / Certified Medical Technologist s Monday through Friday, NIGHTS 11:00 PM to 7:00 am. No weekends. No holidays.
* LICENSE, EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE - Completion of a Bachelors Degree in MEDICAL TECHNOLOGY and possession of a NYS CMT / Certified Medical Technologist permit or license. If less than one year of work experience ASCP is not required. However, after one year of work experience the MT must possess a ASCP certification along with a current NYS license
* JOB DESCRIPTION for the CMT / Certified Medical Technologist: (Other duties may be assigned):
* Provide accurate testing to include: Blood counts, CBCs, immunology. 40% hematology (including assisting bone marrow room, manual differential, running analyzers). Coagulation, urinalysis, immunoassay, chemistry 20%. No toxicology.
* Prior blood banking experience is required.
* Must be able to perform phlebotomy
* Must be able to work autonomously
* Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
* Study blood cells, their numbers, and morphology.
* Perform blood group, type, and compatibility tests for transfusion purposes.
* Analyze test results and enter findings in computer.
* Perform quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
* Engage in medical research under direction of chief medical technologist.
* perform routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
* Verify instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
* Record on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
* Train and supervise students as requested by supervisor.
* BENEFITS (Retained/Direct Hire only):
* Extensive accrued paid time off: personal, sick, vacation.
* Ten (10) paid holidays
* Two (2) insurance plans to choose from
* Dental, Life and Supplemental insurances available.
* 401k with 3% match, vested after 6 years; profit sharing of 4% annual wages
* Tuition reimbursement after six months of employment
* LOCATED near the beautiful Thousand Islands Resort Region of Northern New York State, located 35 miles south of the St. Lawrence River and the US/Canadian Border and 20 minutes east of Lake Ontario of the Great Lakes. This close proximity to Canada makes international travel to Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto by auto or air a simple trek. There is a abundance of year round outdoor recreation. Lake Ontario, the St Lawrence River, the Black River, the Indian Lakes Region provide some of the best fishing, boating and sailing, canoeing, kayaking, swimming, scuba diving and whitewater rafting in the world. Winter brings lake effect snow with unparalleled snowmobiling trails, skiing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, ice fishing, skating, and hunting. Only a two-hour drive from Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain Ski resort and 15 minutes from Snow Ridge Ski Resort, which are among the most scenic and finest ski resorts in the world. There are 9 local golf courses to choose from. Museums and historic points of interest include the War of 1812 Battlefield in Sackets Harbor, Boldt Castle and Millionaire's Row in the Thousand Islands, the Antique Boat Museum, the Clayton Opera House, and the Jefferson County Historical Society. Watertown is the retail hub of the region, with many national chains with many shops and boutiques located throughout Jefferson County. The region is blessed with lush farmlands, miles of waterfront and acres of forests, quaint villages, a booming commercial center, and Fort Drum, home to the Army 10th Mountain Division. Watertown has a city population of 30k and the county is 111k. Very low crime rate. In near by Watertown, there is an International Airport, a regional airport with service from Big Sky/Delta Connections, links Watertown to national and international airports globally.
CALL for more INFORMATION.
ALL INFORMATION IS HELD IN STRICT CONFIDENCE.