Love your job!
This is an unusual opportunity with a 120 year old manufacturer for the professional with the ability to create a positive impact on the team and company.
Excellent salary, benefits, and relocation assistance are all available.
The MANUFACTURING ENGINEER will
- Develop one piece pull manufacturing processes through utilization of Single Minute Exchange of Dies (SMED) tools and CNC programming improvements.
- Continuously improve processes by applying lean manufacturing.
- Utilize Problem Solving tools, Poke Yoke error proofing, Visual Controls, Load Charts, and Standard Work to meet objectives.
- Maintain routers in SAP to support accurate costing and profitability.
- Evaluate capital equipment requirements, prepare financial return justifications
- Design and prepare drawings of modifications to existing equipment, fixtures and tools.
- Create processes and Standard Work that meet safety, ergonomic, and environmental requirements and policies.
- Support Lean Product Development
- Achieve designated BAM levels outlined for the year
- Maintain 5S of personal area and oversee 5S of assigned flow.
- Bachelors degree in related field
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CNC Machining experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Ability to accurately measure and read calipers, micrometers, dial bore gauges, etc.
- Ability to identify problems and determine root cause.
- Solidworks, Autocad, and Camworks experience preferred.
- Microsoft Suite software experience required (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, etc.)