The Senior Estimator is responsible for leading the estimating process for assigned projects by reviewing project specific pre-construction documents, scheduling estimating activities, and overseeing estimating staff.
· Assign project estimating team scope and subcontractor responsibilities.
· Ensure estimate is being produced using the proper plans and information.
· Ensure that an effective and efficient Request for Information (RFI) process is in place and all documentation is completed, filed and controlled in a timely manner.
· Identify scope items that could lead to problems and facilitate solutions for these issues.
· Create, update and maintain a tracking system for the status of individual changes.
· Prepare final estimating budget documents which include qualifications, exclusions, allowances, drawing log and accounting budget.
· Produce estimates for line item and GMAX budgets for review in Timberline format.
· Provide back-up documentation for scope of work budget used in estimates.
· Coordinate work product with pre-construction staff, developers and construction operations personnel to ensure proper scope is included in all estimates and budgets.
· Build project bid lists in SmartBid for Chief Estimator review to ensure thorough subcontractor coverage. Circulate to construction operations personnel review after Chief Estimator review.
· Assist and/or build timberline estimates for each project at the line item estimate and GMAX budget levels.
· Review plans and other bid documents with estimating staff to ensure all scope will be covered and is correct.
· Review bid tabs to ensure project specific scope is accounted for.
· Verify all bid documents are uploaded to SmartBid.
· Prepare SmartBid invitation and send ITB to subcontractors at appropriate time.
· Request insurance quote from accounting. (VP of Accounting)
· Call assigned subcontractors to ensure ITB is received and monitor subordinate estimating staff to ensure they are calling their assigned subcontractors. Maintain current bidder call list indicating confirmed bidders and bid status.
· Meet with estimating staff to review bid tabs.
· Produce document log in excel format for “Bid Set” documents.
· Maintain all project estimate files in their proper format and location.
· Assemble, or assign to other estimating staff, the project bid books complete with bid tabs and subcontractor proposals as well as any other budget supporting data.
· Schedule and produce documents for budget turnover meeting with operations team.
· Perform any relevant duties as assigned by the Chief Estimator.
· Production of conceptual and DD estimates within agreed upon timelines.
· Production of GMAX budget and associated documentation.
· Maintain good relationships with subcontractor base.
· Able to work in a collaborative environment
· Treat others with respect and dignity to provide a good work environment
· Have a good work ethic and morale standards
· Represent the company by being professional
· Be accountable for your conduct and decisions
· Work efficiently with a commitment to high standards and support the empowerment and advancement of team members
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Construction, Engineering, or related field.
Minimum 7 years’ experience in construction estimating
*On Screen Take Off
*Procore a plus
Licenses & Certifications
*Valid Driver’s License
* Criminal Background Check
* Non DOT Testing
*Strong attention to detail