Leadership opportunity available due to retirement!
The Plant Manager will be responsible for one facility in Michigan and will manage, supervise and oversee all aspects of the operation.
Primary responsibility is to provide leadership and direction to sustain company growth, establish procedures for maintaining high standards, product quality, reliability and safety.
He/she will promote quality improvement efforts, and evaluate and develop improved techniques while maintaining an exemplary safety record.
He/she will report to the General Manager of Operations located in our Corporate HQ.
? Develop a processing plan and actively manage expectations relative to the plan.
? Be actively involved in developing a budget and delivering results against that budget
? Subject to Board approval, responsible for the development of capital improvements
? Chairman of HACCP and Recall Committee for the site.
? Schedule and coordinate all requirements necessary to meet or exceed production targets
while maintaining quality standards
? Initiate and approve purchase requisitions for processing supplies, equipment and services
? Responsible for hiring, termination, discipline and performance appraisals for those
employees reporting directly to the position in accordance with company policy.
? This position has supervisory responsibilities for the following personnel: Shift Leaders,
Maintenance, Office Staff, Warehouse
? As required makes reports to the Board of Directors
- Bachelors degree is a minimum requirement
- 10 years of experience in leading people in a manufacturing environment and at least 2 years of recent food manufacturing experience.
Strong mechanical background with processing and packaging machinery.
- Working knowledge of food safety requirements.
- Strong managerial, organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills.
- Ability to multi- task including maintaining processing standards while expanding