Location: Laredo, TX
Job Type: Direct
Salary Range: $115,000 - $170,000
REPORTS TO: Chief Operations Officer
Responsible for the operations of Pharmacy Services, including strategic planning, day to day operations, pharmaceutical care, clinical and distributive services, financial management and personnel management. The Director of Pharmacy is also responsible for overseeing the preparation in the organization that the pharmacy provides optimal services; meets all legal, accreditation, and certification requirements and complies with all applicable procedures, codes and standards of the organization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develops and maintains a medical staff approved formulary; ensures maintenance of an adequate medication supply. Ensures the integrity of the medication supply. Establishes specifications for the procurement of medications, chemicals and biologicals.
- Assures appropriate handling, documentation, and control of controlled substances by assigned staff. Ensures compliance to all federal and state regulations for controlled substances.
- Tracks Medication Errors and Adverse Drug Reactions as appropriate and develops and implements Improved procedures to minimize and prevent future adverse medication events.
- Coordinates pharmacy services with nursing areas, other hospital departments and external agencies to facilitate a smooth continuity of care.
- Prepares and revises policies and procedures for the pharmacy; implements approved changes. Interprets hospital and departmental policies and procedures for pharmacy personnel and assures compliance.
Director of Pharmacy - Location - Laredo, TX
This is a 183 bed acute care facility that offers a range of medical services, including 24 hour emergency care, weight loss surgery, wound care, and hyperbaric medicine.
Benefits include medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k, and flexible spending accounts.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Pharmacy.
- Texas State Pharmacy license in good standing or ability to obtain.
- Five (5) years progressively responsible experience performing pharmacy functions, which two years at a supervisory level.
- Ability to serve as a lead worker to subordinate personnel.