Position: Precision Agriculture - Regional Sales Representative
Location: Fresno, California (Bakersfield to Modesto)
We’re recruiting Technical Sales Rep for an early stage company that has Technical / IoT solutions for Agriculture.
Our customer has a pest management software solution for specialty crop growers (grapes, citrus, fruits, nuts…). This crop-monitoring technology platform allows growers to technically and efficiently track their Pest Control, Spray Monitoring and Predict Yield.
The ideal individual will have worked in Agriculture for 5 to 10 years and are comfortable with Technology.
The main responsibility for this individual is to work with and sale to growers, demonstrating and implementing Technical solutions that can provide the growers “knowledge” in real time.
The Technical Support Manager will work closely with customers on implementation and questions about the system. They will uncover needs that can be incorporated into the company’s crop-monitoring solution, providing product feedback to senior management and developers. The individual needs to be able to understand agronomy insights, analytics and optimization.
- Help manage customer accounts within the assigned territory
- Be a company advocate in the field and at tradeshows and events
- Meet weekly, monthly, quarterly targets for lead generation, meetings and sales
- Reach out to new prospects to grow business via email, phone calls and meetings
- Provide solutions to meet upcoming grower needs
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in agriculture, business management or related sales field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a sales role in the agriculture industry
- Self-motivated, team player with a passion to lead and make a difference in the high-value crop industry
- Familiarity with territory geography, and the crops that are grown there
- Proficient use of computer programs including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with a CRM system such as Salesforce
Individuals interested in these positions should submit a resume with any questions they might have.