Love your job!
Our client is a truly great company in the food manufacturing industry that is located in magnificent Eastern Tennessee.
They offer exceptional compensation, benefits, work environment and future career growth opportunities.
The Quality Manager will
- Lead the continuous development of the Quality Management System with the plant leadership teams to consistently deliver a product that meets or exceeds customer requirements and corporate / plant standards.
- Manage the overall operation of the plant Quality Management System and Food Safety policies, procedures, certifications, audits, etc.
- Drive the continuous improvement of the work environment through effective use of root cause / corrective action methodologies e.g. FMEA and CCP.
- Manage the reinforcement of the Quality Culture at all levels of the plant.
- Lead the external certifications, customer audits and any other visits related to Quality and/or Food Safety.
- Monitor the plant quality metrics and focus resources for the continual improvement.
- Lead production and other teams to define and implement effective /efficient corrective actions, lessons learned and prevention or recurrence for quality issues.
- Communicate with department leaders to ensure quality improvement meet and exceed expectations.
- Work with corporate quality to properly disposition any non-conforming and suspect product.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the plant ISO, HACCP and Food Safety procedures and update them as needed.
- Review customer feedback and complaint investigations with the plant leadership team.
- Monitor quality spending against the budget and take action as needed.
- Review and update the status of personal and team SMART goals.
- Monitor the professional growth of the staff under supervision.
- Review any personnel issues and recommend corrective action if needed
- BS in Chemical Engineering or its equivalent.
- Minimum 5 year of previous experience in a quality management position.
- Demonstrated leadership and supervisory skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication ability, plus a high degree of professionalism.
- Strong quality background preferably in an industrial setting.
- Experience implementing food safety policies and procedures as well as preparing sites for FSSC certification.
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement, and take the initiative to identify and anticipate the organizational needs and make recommendations.
- Six Sigma / Lean certification preferred.
- Previous experience in extrusion and/or with high speed rotating machinery preferred.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to present information clearly and concisely and respond to questions from various departments and levels
- Understanding of safe work practices, safety management, incident investigation techniques, and safety and environmental regulations.
- Six Sigma Certification (preferred)