Plant Materials Analyst Summary:
The Materials Analyst is responsible for ordering raw material, monitoring inventory levels, lead times and lot sizes. They are also involved with evaluating planned and proposed material/process changes; identifying and resolving supplier problems; and involved with new launches within a JIT (just in time) environment.
Plant Materials Analyst Responsibilities:
- Inventory management of raw material for on-hand safety stock levels, accuracy and build-out timing.
- Issues and expedites order releases or shop orders to meet production schedules and maintains proper inventory levels.
- Plans and coordinates introduction of new parts and phase out of old parts considering current inventory levels and established urgency of change.
- Investigates and resolves discrepancies between shipments and orders & in constant communication with suppliers.
- Responsible for cycle counting to maintain inventory accuracy.
- Oversees procurement of parts and materials to ensure timely delivery.
- Responsible for the accuracy of the ERP system as it relates to inventories, production planning, and order fulfillment.
- Investigates causes of significant discrepancies in order to prevent recurrence.
- Identifies potential slow moving inventory for review and disposition.
- Maintains adequate inventories to support operations while minimizing inventory investments.
- Assists with the receiving department and the storage of raw materials throughout the plant.
- Provides oversight for inbound/outbound logistics and inventory control.
- Defers or expedites orders depending on production needs.
- Manages perpetual inventory against physical count of stock and adjusts errors and investigates variances.
- Responsible for inventory goals and measurements to drive high inventory turns.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in Automotive Industry.
- 5 years experience in Materials Planning or related field.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong working knowledge of Material Requirement Planning (MRP/ERP) systems.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to make quick decisions in dynamic fast paced environment.