Occupational Safety and Health Specialist
$70-80K + bonus
Our manufacturing client is actively searching for an Occupational Safety and Health Specialist in the Ankeny, IA area. This Specialist will establish, enforce and oversee programs that drive year-over-year improvement in safety and ergonomics performance while sustaining highest environmental quality standards.
- Involved in the design and development of facilities, work areas and work procedures and makes health, safety and environmental recommendations accordingly.
- Engage in the development of methods to drive continuous improvement of HSE practices.
- Assemble, manage and update health, safety and environmental policy and procedure manuals.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with all HSE regulations, keep up to date changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- May serve as a contact with regulatory bodies.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 1+ year experience in safety and health.
- Knowledge of health, safety, environmental and workers compensation best practices.
- Skilled to influence culture is a big plus.
- Expertise in data and problem analysis, creative problem solving and solution thinking.
- Competent in driving continuous improvement in HSE.
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) is a plus.
- Competitive compensation package (Performance Based Bonus)
- Benefits package
- Relocation assistance
- Excellent Succession plan in place for growth potential
Safety Supervisor, Safety Engineer, EHS, health, environment, safety, training, ergonomics