Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Negotiating and awarding contracts within specified spending limits.
- Managing total spend across all business units.
- Develop new qualified sources of supply.
- Analyze suppliers’ operations to determine factors that affect prices and lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability and ability to meet required schedules.
- Lead sourcing processes from RFQ to contract completion.
- Responsible for driving supplier performance ratings based upon pre-defined Key Performance Indicators in cost, quality, and delivery.
- Develop detailed spend and category analyses which identify areas of opportunity within the various
indirect spend categories. Quantify the financial impacts or operational improvements of those opportunities and build a business case that justifies the undertaking of the project.
We have been engaged by a highly profitable, global leading industrial company known for innovation, to find an Oracle Super User to spearhead a streamlining and process reengineering for the supply chain function throughout North American.
The parent company leads the world in its industrial products niche and has aggressively expanded the US market through acquisition, driving innovation and operational upgrades; North America has been growing at 15% YOY for several years and targets $2B by 2020. The business is going through an operational and cultural overhaul spearheaded by a West Point trained SVP of Operations recruited to drive Lean and continuous improvement across the firm; this role will be a important lieutenant in driving that transformation.
This is a key next hire for the business. We seek a proven Supply Chain Leader who thrives on high-pressure challenges, is a world class performer and has a proven track record of driving efficiencies into large, diverse businesses. This is a rare opportunity to join a world-class, leading player who doesn’t often hire outside at this level. The successful candidate will be responsible for partnering with internal clients and stakeholders to identify sourcing needs and improve sourcing strategy across six facilities for all maintenance, plant consumables, contract labor, energy, green initiatives, and other non-product commodities. Experience within complex manufacturing businesses (automotive, aerospace, HVAC, etc.) is a plus but not required.
- Bachelors degree in Business or Supply Chain Management
- 8 plus years experience in Procurement or Supply Chain related fields.
- A Masters degree in Business administration highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of the strategic sourcing methodology and its application (e.g. fact based
negotiations and cross functional team collaboration) to achieve targeted outcomes.
- Strong negotiation skills, including an understanding of legal terms and conditions
- Technical fluency to include the ability to understand basic Engineering and Manufacturing
processes and terminology, as well as the ability to understand basic Engineering drawings and technical specifications.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including the ability to gather data, assess trends, identify
gaps, use imperfect data to draw reasonable conclusions, and assemble a set of recommendations
supported by numerical facts.
- Project management skills, including a demonstrated ability to develop a project schedule with key
milestones, resources, costs and some assessment of risk; track progress; and accurately report the
status of the project.
- Ability to drive cross-functional teams and communicate projects and results to senior level executives and business reviews.
- Understand market trends in the different sector indices to analyze strategic planning for long range stability of cost and services.