No Holiday Coverage
Estes Park, Colorado
We are looking for a Surgical Technologist to provide the full spectrum of care for our friends, neighbors and visitors, from pediatrics to geriatrics. With a persistent dedication to patient-focused care, we continue to score high in patient satisfaction surveys.
The surgical technologist handles the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field.
- Processes all instrumentation equipment, supplies for surgical procedures and maintains log book of sterilization as needed.
- Prepares cases cart with all needed supplies for surgical procedures.
- Setting up, tear down of OR before and after surgical procedures while applying sterile technique.
- Works closely with physician during surgery to achieve best outcome for the patient.
- Identify future purchase replacement needs, monitor for outdates.
- Takes On call as assigned.
- Performs in accordance with AORN Standards.
- Actively participates in the Time Out Process.
- Assists with GI procedures.
- Utilizes and actively updates surgical preference cards.
- Accurately performs counts for sponges and instruments according to P and P.
- Labels all medication on the sterile field, both syringe and receptacle.
- Exemplifies Customer Service.
- Refrains from Gossiping and negative behavior in words and body language.
- Participate in committees as assigned.
- Perform in accordance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulatory agency standards.
- Perform in accordance with EPH vision, mission and goals.
- All other duties as assigned
About the Area:
Estes Park, a Colorado town that sits along the Big Thompson River about 70 miles northwest from Denver. It is the base camp for the Rocky Mountain National Park (359 miles of trails, 150 lakes and 100 tall mountain peaks). All of the modern amenities such as restaurants, spas, golf courses, shops, and entertainment with still having the mountain flare. Sightings of the majestic elk that forage in the grassy meadows is a daily occurrence. Surrounded by the Rocky Mountain National Park and Roosevelt National Forest there is plenty to do such as boating, white water rafting, paddle boarding, camping, hiking cycling, rock climbing, fly fishing, horseback, snowshoing, sledding, ice climbing, skiing etc. And do not forget to bring your camera!
65 miles to Red Rock, Colorado
87 miles to Cheyenne, Wyoming
High School diploma or equivalentORT or Certification program1-year previous experience preferred but not required