Full Time - Clinic
SHIFT: M-F - 4/10s 7:30am - 6pm (No weekends)
We are searching for an Rn to utilize professional nursing theory and the nursing process to implement, coordinate and direct patient care and auxiliary nursing care activities, using a community health center primary care model.
- Demonstrates assessment and identification of patient/family health needs.
- Assists with assessing the patient to facilitate care planning and identification of problems.
- Utilizes data collected and reported by providers, other clinical support staff, patients/families/significant others, other disciplines and community agencies.
- Reviews payer sources and requirements that may affect patient care.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient's age (i.e. knowledge of growth and development, treatment and care options).
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of nursing practice and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to teach and assess patient learning, including informational handouts.
- Provides clear and concise patient education and instruction in understandable terms.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base in age-related care, concepts and ability to provide education to patient/family or staff as needed.
- Documents relevant information in the EHR according to MFHC and nursing requirements.
- Asks for assistance when necessary.
- Obtains necessary vital signs and history information from patient/family/guardian.
- Completes EHR and hard-copy forms as appropriate.
- Consistently follows telephone triage procedure, including thorough documentation and notifying provider in a timely manner (if indicated).
- Assists with making referrals and assuring process is completed.
- Prepares rooms, equipment and patients for office visit/procedures (i.e. cleaning and setting up exam room/procedure room/equipment, providing patient instruction).
- Knowledgeable regarding equipment necessary for various procedures.
- Consistently plans ahead to insure availability and readiness of supplies and equipment.
- Competently assists providers with confidence and in anticipation of provider needs.
- Performs lab tests in accordance with MFHC, state, and safety practices, including infection control and sharps disposal.
- Maintains proper documentation in a timely manner.
- Notify provider of any abnormal test result in a timely manner.
- Assists in maintaining medical records and health center tracking logs.
- Knowledgeable of grant programs/payer sources and services covered. Problem solve when issues arise re: covered services or payer sources.
About the Area:
The small charming town of Edwards, Colorado is located smack-dab in the middle of the Vail Valley. Not far from Vail, Edwards is known for its gorgeous scenery. It has some of the best golf courses with rolling hills in the valley where you can also go hiking, fishing, skiing, and horseback riding.
110 miles to Denver, Colorado
47 miles to Glenwood Springs, Colorado
134 miles to Grand Junction, Colorado
173 miles to Laramie, Wyoming
Education or Formal Training and Experience:Registered Nurse with two (2) years experience in primary outpatient care preferred.Current Colorado license.Current B.L.S. certification.Bi-lingual in English/Spanish preferre